Individual Health Education
Health Educators from Together For Youth are available to meet individually with students for Individual Health Education (IHE). Students can have their questions and concerns about puberty or sexual health issues addressed during a private visit that is tailored to their individual needs.
Individual Health Education Services
IHE is available through Success Street locations at East High, West High and Carver Academy. In addition, IHE can also be arranged at Bunger, Hoover, and Central middle schools, along with Expo Alternative Learning Center and Cedar Falls High School, alternative school, and junior highs.
· Certified Sexual Health Educators who have completed rigorous training to provide comprehensive, inclusive, trauma-informed sexual health education. They discuss the benefits of abstinence with each student and encourage teens to discuss sexual health and decision-making with their parent or guardian.
· Other topics discussed include healthy relationships, tactics for handling sexual pressure, birth control options, and STD education.
· Testing services available include; Pregnancy Testing and Referrals for Std testing
· No cost to students
· We meet with students at their request; services are never mandatory
· Meetings take place at school, during school
· Conversations with health educators are kept confidential*. We won’t share your information with parents, teachers, counselors, coaches, or health office staff.
· LGBTQIA+ Inclusive; We welcome students of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
· A “What’s Where for Teens” resource card is given to each student, brochures on relevant topics are offered, and referrals to additional agencies or health services are provided as needed.
· For more information contact Success Street at 433-2780
*For the safety of students, health educators are mandatory reporters and will report certain information as required.